Tuesday 9 March 2010

Xanthan Gum Heaven

It’s Tuesday – which means we made it through the first day of the week!

I went to Sainsbury’s on Friday night to pick up my favourite Weight Watchers pizza but left with a whole host more.

One of those was Doves Farm xanthan gum.

DSCF0333

I posted on Saturday how luscious and creamy it made my green smoothie but holy crap it deserves its very own post because this stuff is just that good.  I had read about it on HEAB and she RAVED about it. I had backtracked through her links and read Smoothie Girl’s take on them and knew I had to try it.

DSCF0328  This is just a cup of skimmed milk, 4 ice cubes, a handful of spinach and a banana.  Blitzed with about 1/10th of a teaspoon of xanthan gum it somehow increases in volume and thickness and becomes the consistency of a super milkshake.  It made my typical morning drink so delicious that I ended up having a second one after dinner just because it was so creamy and tasty. 

Words are not even doing it justice, but in the words of the Fitnessista herself – FOODGASM!

I absolutely urge you to try it and if you do, let me know!

I picked up another food blogger inspired product on Friday that I’ll feature as soon as I figure out what to do with it!

Hint: it’s appeared on Healthy Tipping Point AND Carrots n Cake recently.

What amazing products have you discovered thanks to food blogs?

-CJ

No comments:

Post a Comment