Sunday 4 January 2009

ambitious sunday

Today I took my fancy new nike+ ipod thingy to the gym once more. For someone who has avoided the gym for the past 6 months, two visits in two days is ambitious. I tried to track the walk to the gym itself on the nike+ but it refused to co-operate. I tried having it on while running and it still refused to co-operate. So instead I did the 2nd session of C25K.

The nike+ registered exactly 19 calories in over 30 minutes. Stupid piece of machinary. I think I might have to bump the new running shoes from my goal list to just a necessity.

As for eating-wise:

Breakfast: Oatmeal made with 2% milk and a teaspoon of blackcurrant jam
Lunch: Spinach leaves with cherry tomatoes, avocado, mushrooms, onions and pancetta
Dinner: Turkey salsa chilli, made in my brand new hotpot
Snacks: Beetroot (wierd, I'm fully aware) and some profiteroles (ok too many profiteroles)

But, after my half hour at the gym, I did Day 1 of Jillian Michael's 30-day shred, and I know everyone says how much they ache afterwards and if you've never done it you think 'how hard can it be, it's only 20 minutes' but dear god, my abs! and my arms! and my legs!

1 comment:

  1. Hey there! I'm a team member on the BLBE2 - thanks for the insight on the Nike+ thing....
    ... and I love beetroot too (especially beet green leaves - delicious!)

    ReplyDelete