Sunday 22 February 2009

I may have sunk to a new low!

Breakfast this morning was the poached eggs and toast that I'd been craving since Friday. Good to finally get them done, and they were as good as I'd hoped.



This is only the second time I've poached eggs - I'm a natural! They were perfectly gooey.



Lunch was roasted butternut squash and feta salad. I roasted the squash last night and fell in love. This was my first time ever purchasing the squash and unfortunately half of it was devoured throughout the roasting process or shortly thereafter. The salad could have done with a few more chunks! It also could have done with some darker leaves. I'm not a fan of iceburg lettuce, but my spinach was not looking so good today so lettuce it was. I also didn't know what a good dressing would be for the mix of squash and cheese...what does everyone else use? I tried the sweet chilli again and it was good, but that may just be because I love sweet chilli dressing rather than it being a natural partner!




Finally, my all new low...the feta comes in a block that totals 16 points and is 'best consumed within 3 days'. I know I can't eat 16 points worth of cheese in the next three days - well I could, but that's not the point. After some googling, I learned that feta is freezeable, so I've cut it up into manageable chunks, shrink wrapped it and because I have no good pens about the house, had to create little labels with the points values on it. Yes, I realise how sad this looks!




Now, I'm just trying to motivate myself to get to the gym...clean my apartment and get ready for work tomorrow! Back to the grind unfortunately.

1 comment:

  1. I do that points labelling thing too! I always write it on boxes or bags so I can see it at a glance.

    ReplyDelete