Tuesday 5 May 2009

Grazing is good

Inspired by Lara at thinspired I ordered one of these graze boxes last week.



The premise is simple, a box was delivered to my office designed to promote positive snacking - 'filling in necessary nutrients that may be missed due to skipped meals and long busy days at work'.

The only downside - my stupid work doesn't get it's mail until 2pm. I've known this for the entire year I've worked there, but somehow it slipped my mind. By lunchtime, I was getting grouchy and may have taken it out on the receptionist - as if it was his fault that our mail comes at that time every day??

So, I had already eaten lunch by the time the box arrived, but I'd been so eagerly anticipating it that I tore it open as soon as I got it back to my desk.

First things first, I loved the pineapple - fresh pineapple often makes my tongue react, but this was so juicy and ripe and perfect that either it didn't, or I was just enjoying it too much to notice.



Then, there was a dried fruit section - apple strudel - which consisted of dried apple rings, apricots and cranberries. Delish - I particularly LOVE that they include the nutritional information for each section for you. My entire box came to 6.5 weightwatchers points - the dried fruit being 2.5 point, which if I'd eaten it as it's intended, i.e. snacking throughout the day would have been perfect snacking!


And finally, chilli cashews - this has to be the smartest possible way to consume cashews. I have a serious cashew addiction and am forbidden from ever purchasing them. I can eat a bag, or two, no problem and would on a daily basis if allowed - I LOVE cashews. Thankfully, this 2.5 point serving meant that I could only eat 2.5 points of cashews and let me tell you, these are spicy! I was a little hesitant - who wants to ruin a cashew?? But, no - they were actually really good. Good enough that I let a colleague try one (just one mind you! The rest I ate!)


All in all, I was really impressed with the quality of the products that arrived, and have my next order scheduled for next Thursday. Luckily for me, I'm on a different site this week so I'm hoping that we might get a reasonable post time! If not, no doubt I will consume the lot in about 20 minutes after lunch (possibly not quite the grazing ideal!)

If you're in the UK and want to give it a try too - try this for a free box: WMVGNZ6

Goodnight!

-CJ

1 comment:

  1. Hi there! I'm so glad you tried the box and yes I got an email with a notification when people sign up...it's definitely a win-win situation :) It's great to find more UK bloggers around. Congrats on your weight loss so far!

    ReplyDelete